Touching the wilderness section of the Lamington National Park, the Lost World Circuit offers so much more than spectacular breathtaking scenery. In the Lost World you will find hidden country cottages, farm stays, cabins and camp grounds that are suitable for a family getaway or a romantic escape. Swim, fish or picnic beside the crystal clear mountain streams and rock pools. There is a cooking school, arts events, spectacular walks and so much more to discover.
Touching the wilderness section of the Lamington National Park, the Lost World Circuit offers so much more than breathtaking scenery. In the Lost World you will find hidden country cottages, farm stays, cabins and camp grounds that are suitable for a family getaway or a romantic escape. There is a cooking school, arts events and spectacular walks.
The circuit starts in the town of Beaudesert, traveling south on Kerry Road. Travel to the end of the road to explore a section of the Albert River, then travel back towards Beaudesert and turn left to Hillview and enjoy the spectacular views. Turn left at Hillview on Christmas Creek Road and follow to the end to explore the amazing area around Christmas Creek.
Return along Christmas Creek Road and turn off to Innesplain, travelling to Rathdowney and the Lions Road or two alternative routes, take Mt Lindesay Highway travelling south into New South Wales or head towards Laravale to return to Beaudesert along the Mt Lindesay Highway and re-join the Scenic Way. This drive is truly a journey of discovery.
Subject to road conditions, 4WD vehicles may only take Duck Creek Road from Kerry Road. Duck Creek Road leads to the Green Mountains Section of Lamington National Park and O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat.
THINGS TO DO ALONG THE WAY
- Call into the Visitor Information Centre in Beaudesert and pick up a map of the Lost World
- Have a picnic and fish from the banks of the Albert River or Christmas Creek
- Find a swimming hole and take a dip in the cool refreshing waters of the Albert River or Christmas Creek
- Explore the countryside on horseback
- Stay a while – check out the amazing range of accommodation from old farm houses to cottages, farm stays and cosy country cabins or camp right on the banks of the river or creek
- Lamington National Park – Extensive range of walking tracks and facilities are at both sections of this park
Binna Burra (LNP)
Green Mountain (LNP)