The Scenic Rim Way is an east – west crossing of the Scenic Rim, connecting Aratula on the Cunningham Highway to Route 90 through to the Gold Coast and Pacific Highway. There are numerous routes, trails and loops that will take you to quaint country towns, magnificent scenic lookouts, wineries and breweries, arts and craft boutiques, lakes and national parks, road side food stalls and some very cool places to stay a little longer. Take the time to explore the Scenic Rim Way.
The Scenic Rim Way crosses the Scenic Rim from east to west, connecting Aratula on the Cunningham Highway to Route 90 through to the Gold Coast and Pacific Highway. There are numerous routes, trails and loops that will take you to quaint country towns, magnificent scenic lookouts, wineries, arts and craft boutiques, lakes and national parks. You will soon discover why it is called the Scenic Rim.
Commencing at Nerang on the M1, the Highway 90 travels through the Scenic Rim until it meets the Cunningham Highway near the town of Aratula. This drive offers so many options and opportunities along the way. A stop for a coffee in the town of Canungra is a must. Continue to Beaudesert, the largest town in the region, where you can stock up on supplies. From here you can explore the Lost World or take the Mt Lindesay Highway to Rathdowney and Mt Barney National Park. Travel to Boonah and maybe stop for lunch. You can choose from a country pub or one of the many cafes in town. From here it’s only a short drive to the Cunningham Highway. You might also like to explore the Fassifern Valley and the towns of Kalbar, Harrisville and Peak Crossing.
THINGS TO DO ALONG THE WAY
- Stop for a coffee and explore the historic town of Canungra
- Find out what to do from the friendly locals at the Visitor Information Centres in Canungra, Beaudesert and Boonah
- Explore the walking trails at Mt Joyce Recreation Area at the Wyaralong Dam
- Enjoy a stroll along High Street among the wonderful heritage buildings of Boonah
- Stock up on fresh local produce including jams, baked goods, relishes and fresh vegies
- Check out the amazing antique shops, craft shops and art galleries in Aratula
- Moogerah Peaks National Park
- Main Range National Park
- Mt Barney National Park
- Yellow Pinch Reserve Lower Portals
- Border Ranges National Park
- Tamborine National Park– some of the 13 sections are listed below
Cedar Creek – Cedar Creek Fall walk 900m return
Joalah – Curtis Falls walk 1.5km return
The Knoll – Sandy Creek walk 2.6km return
- Lamington National Park – Extensive range of walking tracks and facilities are at both sections of this park
Binna Burra (LNP)
- Green Mountain (LNP)